Saturday, March 08, 2008

Back to the Basics

It's time for another blog entry. I'm getting back to the basics! And, have decided to take some much deserved time off for myself and my family. This last year has been tough. Tough on me, tough on Dan, my angels, and most likely the kids too. No matter how I try, going back to the life I led before my diagnosis isn't possible. When I go back to work at the end of March it will be on an 80% appointment. Dr's orders! : )

This time off is not because I am sick again. It is just time for me to regroup and decide what is important...well, I know what is important. But, to decide how I want to spend my day-to-day life. Nothing big....; ) Maybe I've hit "mid-life" a little earlier than most!

Dan starts his class next week with Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT), which is exciting. And he may take on a supervisory type roll at work. I am glad to see his career moving forward. He deserves it. The kids are growing way too fast. I have to go clothes shopping soon!

I'm thinking this summer it might be fun to take the kids camping for the first time. Someplace close with the canoe. I don't have any new pix to share this time. But, we'll have those again soon.

Peace to all.
The Culhanes

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kelly,
Good luck with your time off for contemplation, reflection and hopefully relaxation. I can't even begin to imagine how an experience like yours can throw all of one's plans and assumptions about life into question.